Caltech Y: Making a World of Difference

The latest items from the Caltech Y Calendar:
Subscribe via RSS


Can I get paid for doing community service?
Only students with FEDERAL work-study can be paid for their community service. Students with CIT work-study (usually International students) or students with no work-study at all cannot be paid (they can still volunteer, however). If you are unsure if you have received federal work-study, please check with Financial Aid.

How much to I get paid?
Federal work-study recipients are paid $20.00/hr for their community service work.

What do I need to do?
Students with federal work-study need to fill out 2 forms with Human Resources: the I-9 and W-4. The I-9 requires three forms of identification (See back of I-9 form). If you have worked at Caltech previously, you may already have an I-9 and W-4 on file.

How do I get paid?
You will enter your time online every two weeks according to the pay schedule. You can have the check delivered to your designated address or set up direct deposit with Human Resources. You will not be paid until your paperwork (I-9 and W-4) has been completed and processed by Human Resources.

Where can I work?
You can chose from the Caltech Y list of Work Study Opportunities.